The country's flag carrier, Turkish Airlines (TK) was founded in 1933. The airline flies to 280 airports in 110 countries in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, North America and South America. It flies to more countries than any other airline and is the world's fourth-largest carrier when measured by the number of destinations served. A member of the Star Alliance, Turkish Airlines also has codeshare agreements with about 40 other airlines. The carrier operates from hubs at Istanbul Atatürk Airport (IST), Esenboğa International Airport (ESB) and Sabiha Gökçen International Airport (SAW). Adnan Menderes Airport (ADB) has also been designated as a focus city. Turkish Airlines has a fleet of 286 passenger aircraft, which includes Airbus, Boeing and Embraer planes. Most are configured with Business Class and Economy Class cabins, though some also feature Premium Economy Class seating.
- AC Power
- AC Power
Cheap Flights to Washington DC
Cheap Flights to Orlando
Cheap Flights to Chicago
Cheap Flights to Las Vegas
Cheap Flights to San Francisco
Cheap Flights to New York City
Cheap Flights to Honolulu
Cheap Flights to Mexico
Cheap Flights to Toronto
Cheap Flights to London
|Route||Flight class||Seat type||Fees||Selection period|
|All flights||Business||All seats||Free||355 days before flight|
|Domestic flights||Economy||All seats||Free*||24 hours before flight|
|International flights||Economy||Standard||Free||100 days before flight|
|International flights||Economy||Seats with more leg room||USD 19.00 - USD 79.00**||355 days before flight***|
|AnadoluJet flights||Economy||All seats||TRY 15.00 - TRY 22.00||355 days before flight****|
**Due to technical and operational reasons, chargeable seat selection is not available on some flights.
***All seats are free for the last 48 hours on international flights.
****All seats are free for the last 24 hours in Anadolu Jet flights.
Terms and Conditions
- Chargeable seats may vary depending on demand and schedules. Chargeable seats are not valid on flights operated by other airlines (codeshare).
- Chargeable seat selection is only valid for group passengers (reservations with more than 9 passengers) where reservations have been made directly with the Turkish Airlines Reservations System.
- Chargeable seat selection is only available to passengers holding tickets.
- Chargeable seat selection is valid within 355 days and up to 48 hours before scheduled Turkish Airlines flights.
- Chargeable seat selection on AnadoluJet flights is valid within 355 days of and up to 24 hours before the scheduled flight.
- On AnadoluJet flights, unwell passengers and passengers with limited mobility can select aisle or window seats, on condition they do not prevent cabin emergency exit.
- Due to safety, security and operational reasons, seat selection cannot be guaranteed. In such cases, Turkish Airlines will provide the most suitable alternative.
- In cases where passengers are dissatisfied with involuntary seat changes, they have the right to apply for a refund for their travel.
- Passengers which purchase seat selection may only use this on the flight for which they purchased it an on their own behalf. Selection may not be transferred to another flight or passenger.
- Passengers who are able to assist by opening emergency doors in an unexpected evacuation situation may sit in emergency exit seats.
- These passengers must be over the age of 18, and physically fit and healthy.
- These passengers must be able to understand written or verbal instructions given in either English or Turkish.
- Passengers requesting emergency exit seats must confirm they meet this criteria.
- Passengers traveling with infants may not sit in emergency exit seats.
- Passengers whose mobility is partially or fully restricted may not sit in emergency exit seats.
- Overweight passengers requiring an extension seatbelt may not sit in emergency exit seats.
- Passengers or companions subject to legal or administrative proceedings may not sit in emergency exit seats.
- Passengers traveling with pets , guide or emotional dog in the cabin may not sit in emergency exit seats.
- Turkish Airlines holds sole discretion when deciding if a passenger meets the requirements to sit in an emergency exit seat. Passengers not meeting the requirements will be offered another seat. Additional fees paid for emergency exit seats cannot be refunded.
- Refunds cannot be processed for passengers who have canceled a chargeable seat. If a passenger changes their seat for a more expensive one, they will be required to pay the new fee. If a passenger changes their seat for a less expensive seat, no refund will be processed.
- Passengers dissatisfied as a result of an involuntary seat change made before the flight may apply for a refund for their journey via our calls center or Turkish Airlines Sales Offices.
- If a passenger is assigned an alternative seat after boarding due to operational reasons, they may apply for a refund.
- Passengers who purchase seat selection and then upgrade to Business Class cannot have thier seat selection fee refunded.
- Applications for refunds must be made with 1 year of the flight.