The purpose of a dissertation is to add to the existing body of literature by keeping a narrow focus of research so that the encompassing research is not only manageable but also addresses various limitations including time constraints. The title of the dissertation should be able to highlight the basic focus and objective of the research while drawing attention to the setting of the research for conducting analysis. In order to help and guide students in choosing a concise and focused research topic for their dissertations, the below list draws a distinction between various facets of marketing such as relationship marketing, branding, cultural marketing, psychology of the consumers and online marketing amongst others and allows the students to choose a topic based on their own interests.
Marketing Dissertation Topics for 2018
Impact of product packaging on organizational sales: case study of UK retail sector
Purpose: Due to intense completion on retail sector, product packaging has gained significant importance with respect to consumer purchase decision. This research will be focusing on how product packaging (color, shape and other attributes) influences consumer purchase decision which in return increases or decreases the sales of the organization
Impact of e-marketing on influencing consumer purchase decision: case of UK luxury industry
Purpose: The main purpose of the research is to analyze the impact of electronic marketing on consumer purchase decision. The focus of the research will be on UK luxury industry.
Analyzing the customer-centric marketing strategies in attaining competitive advantage for the firm and sustaining business success
Purpose: In this intensive competitive market, organizations are striving hard to maintain and increase their market share. Due to this reason, many organizations are devising effective marketing strategies in order to attract large customer inflow. Thus, this research will be focusing on assessing the customer-centric marketing strategies and how it helps organization in achieving competitive advantage and business success.
The role of information technology in revolutionizing marketer’s approach towards manipulative advertisement
Purpose: The digital media or the digital world has provided a very effective and large platform for the marketers to market or advertise their products. However, this platform can also be used to manipulate customers through deceptive marketing techniques. The main purpose of the research is to analyze the role of information technology in revolutionizing marketer’s approach towards manipulative advertisements.
Assessing the impact of integrated marketing communication on consumer impulsive buying behavior
Purpose: Consumer impulsive buying behavior has become an important phenomenon in today’s global world. Companies have been able to acquire high market share through impulsive buying behavior of the consumer. Therefore, this research focuses on the analyzing the impact of integrated marketing communication on consumer impulsive buying behavior.
“Our expert dissertation writers can help you with all stages of the dissertation writing process including topic research and selection, dissertation plan, dissertation proposal, methodology, statistical analysis, primary and secondary research, findings and analysis and complete dissertation writing. Learn more about Research Prospect dissertation writing services. “
Relationship Marketing Dissertation Topics
In relationship marketing, products are provided on the basis of relationships and not traditional marketing. In this type of marketing, firms acquire more customers as well as more loyalty. The loyal and satisfied customer makes repeat purchases. Under relationship marketing; the purchasing pattern, the contact details and the entire profile of customers are maintained. Normally, firms assign executives to one or more major customers to maintain relationships and to satisfy their needs. It is a very useful marketing tool and also an excellent topic to base your dissertation on. You can choose topic for your relationship marketing dissertation topic from any of the topics listed below:
- Loyalty: behaviour or an attitude.
- The Usefulness of Relationship Marketing: To what extent have organizations incorporated the club style membership schemes for their customer?
- Customer loyalty: An Analysis of the Honda Motor Company.
- Loyalty schemes vs. customer satisfaction.
- The interrelationship between switching costs and resistance of consumers to switch brand loyalty.
- Loyalty schemes and their relationship with sales.
- Maintaining Customer Relations through Relationship Marketing. A case of ASDA.
- How is customer loyalty affected if the customer goes for online shopping rather than visiting the store?
- How can stores increase loyalty through relationships?
“Complete this short online form and provide as much information as possible to receive instant quotes from our writers specialising in your area of research.”
Branding Dissertation Topics
Branding entails creating a unique logo and name for a distinguished product. Branding can also be said to create a special product image in consumer’s mind. Some consumers compare prices before purchasing a product but mostly a purchase is made by focusing on quality of goods and brand loyalty. There is a misconception that branding is the same as marketing, but it can be distinguished on the basis of the former being one of the fundamentals of marketing strategy. For successful branding, there should be truthfulness and clarity in every phase through interaction with customers, which will in turn help to improve the value and brand perception of a company. Branding provides companies a competitive edge over the rest of the organizations and has proved to be a very popular topic for research among both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- How can brand equity be maintained?
- Do customers trust brands blindly?
- Conventional banks and rebranding.
- What are the ethics of brand marketing strategies?
- Effect of branding on consumers of Coke and Pepsi. A comparative analysis.
- Branding Strategies: Impact and application.
- Analysis of the consumer: Comparative analysis between good quality products and brand loyalty.
- How does the behaviour of management harm brand equity?
- What is role of innovations in managing brand equity?
- Investigation of importance of brand and reliability in automotive industry, with specific focus on Toyota.
- Do leading brands need to introduce innovative products?
- How can consumers understand the brand image of an organization?
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Brand Management: A case of Nestle.
Direct Marketing Dissertation Topics
Direct marketing is a tool that allows businesses and non-profit organizations to directly communicate with customers. It doesn’t involve bill board placements but relies on advertisement on the internet, television or radio. Below is a list of topics that you can base your dissertation on under the direct marketing theme.
- How loyalty schemes help businesses to sell directly to customers?
- Response of consumers to audio guided telemarketer: An analysis of biasness.
- How customers can protect themselves from deceitful direct marketing techniques?
- Direct Marketing: Effect and implications on consumers.
- Do customers respond differently to direct and digital marketing?
- The relationship between the duration of a voice message on the success of tele-marketing? A case of mobile industry.
- How direct marketing help the organisations in maintaining good relationship with customers?
Marketing across Cultures Dissertation Topics
Firms have to adopt different techniques while operating in different cultures. Before introducing any product, it is vitally important for companies to analyse the cultural aspect of the market. This has become a very important and deciding factor for the successful operation of a business. Cultures have deep impact on consumer behaviour, and play a key role in shaping the buying behaviour as well as the attitude of customer. Some intriguing and current dissertation topics in the field of cultures and marketing are given below:
- Impact of culture on the trading market. A case of General Motors through an analysis of the imports and exports.
- What is impact of language on the identity of a brand? A case of Coca-Cola.
- Amalgamating regional differences within the national culture of marketing.
- The impact of collectivism and individualism on purchasing of mobile phones.
- A cross cultural analysis of marketing techniques across cultures.
- Cross-cultural marketing with specific focus on FMCG.
- Impact of belief, religion and values upon business across the world.
- Application of marketing mix in a culturally diverse society.
- Disadvantages of using same marketing tact in different markets.
- Cultural difference and the subsequent effect on super markets across United Kingdom.
- Critical analysis of cultural differences and marketing.
Online Marketing Dissertation Topics
When marketing evolved from traditional to online or digital marketing, it was observed that all the rules that had been intrinsic to traditional marketing had to be bent to accommodate the needs and demands of the new marketing platform. Online marketing helps business organizations to know and evaluate customer’s response to a particular marketing strategy very efficiently. However, organizations need to ensure privacy of their consumers on the internet to avoid losing their trust. Companies are now in an era where they can interact with the consumers and their demands and devise subsequent marketing strategies. Online marketing is now a powerful marketing tool; and allows organizations to develop specific strategies to suit the needs of their consumers. Some interesting topic suggestions are given below if you want to base your dissertation on online marketing.
- Organizations and their use of personalized products.
- The role of online marketing in sales.
- An analysis of the perception of consumers through customized products.
- Implications and Application of Online Marketing.
- How can companies overcome the hate speech of dissatisfied customers?
- What attributes are preferred by customers for online search, purchasing and comparison?
- Relationship between brand equity and consumer perception of products.
- Analysis of change in behaviour of customers in offline and online marketing.
- Impact of appearance and visual effects for online marketing.
The 4Ps (Price, Product, Promotion, Place) of Marketing Mix Dissertation Topics
Price, product, promotion and place are also known as the four pillars of marketing. These four factors (4Ps) are the key ingredients of a successful marketing strategy since they allow for an in depth analysis of both the market and marketing strategies concerning any particular product. The companies analyse the culture, the product itself and the pricing of other similar products to gain a competitive edge for their business and production processes. Some relevant topics in this area of marketing are listed below for you to base your dissertation on:
- Importance of location for customers.
- Pricing war between competitors.
- Impact of effective promotion on sales.
- Analysis of packaging of product on buying decision.
- Consequences of wrong placement of products.
- Critically analysing pricing strategies.
- Advantage of strong marketing mix to firms.
- Difference between online and offline promotions.
- Impact of traditional promotions vs social media promotions.
- Effect of premium pricing strategies adopted by good brand. A case of Apple products.
- Equality between charged prices and value provided to customers.
- Analysis of sales of customized and personalised products.
- Impact of cultural values in promotional activities.
- Relationship between sales and promotional campaigns.
- Effect of central location and ease of access on customers.
- Analysis of change in sales due to location and environment.
- Importance of marketing mix for companies.
- Influence of celebrity endorsement on sale of specific product.
- Impact of promotions upon customer’s perception.
- Analysis of 4P’s on customer’s attitude.
- Impact on purchasing by introducing cartoon character for children.
Marketing and Consumer Psychology Dissertation Topics
Studying consumer behaviour helps businesses to improve their marketing strategies by understanding the problems of a consumer with specific focus on their perception of products. It is very important to understand the psychology of consumers and the various influences that the environment may have on their psychology. Study of consumer behaviour is very interesting, and therefore provides anideal topic for dissertations.
- An investigation of consumer psychology and perceptions.
- Analysis of cultural effect on consumer’s decision.
- The family biasness, customer loyalty and marketing,
- How does the knowledge of consumer effect the purchase of products
- Strategies to motivate people to buy your products.
- Selection between substitutes of product with focus on mobile industry.
- The impact of negative publicity on consumer behaviour.
- Does brand effect purchase behaviour.
- Pattern of shopping by customers in ASDA.
- Consumer attitude towards in-store shopping and online shopping in Wall-Mart.
- Effect of unconscious mind on consumer’s shopping style.
- Understanding psychology of consumers to develop marketing strategies.
- Customer’s attitude towards a specific brand.
- Effects of luxury good on buying behaviour and perceptions.
- Consumer response to new products.
- Reaction of consumer while accepting innovative product.
- Influence of social media campaigns upon buying pattern of customers.
- The role of marketing in purified water.
- Consumer perceptions in saving money when purchasing products.
- How to create profitable relationships with consumers.
- How low income households look at luxury brands.
- The factors shaping customer’s wants.
- How consumer thinks about switching cost while leaving a brand
- The consumer psychology behind reusing old products: a case of an Asian consumer market.
- The impact of strong brands on consumers.
- How middle class households perceive luxury goods range.
- Response of consumer to loyalty schemes vs. customer satisfaction.
- Effect of advertising of alcohol on youngsters.
- Analysis of customer’s attitude towards laptops brands.
- Analysis of change in purchasing by introducing celebrity endorsements.
- Effect of internal marketing on customers.
- Customer loyalty: a habit, behaviour or an attitude?
- Customer satisfaction: the key to success.
- Marketing methods & techniques which changes buying behaviour.
Marketing and Social Networks Dissertation Topics
Social networks (Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter) have played a decisive role towards how people use the internet and make online purchases. However, it should be noted that there are a variety of challenges which are being faced by organizations using social media as a tool to market their products and services. According to a recent survey conducted in the UK, around 80% of people use social media directly or indirectly and therefore they are susceptible to be influenced by the same. The following is a list of topics that can be undertaken as a part of social networks and marketing dissertation:
- The role of Face book as a marketing tool.
- Social media marketing vs. traditional marketing.
- How Facebook pages turn into cash inflows for businesses.
- Building relationship with customers through social media.
- How social media marketing helps in acquiring new businesses.
- The role of LinkedIn in connecting businesses and people.
- Impact of social marketing on purchases.
- Analysis of social media marketing policies.
- How businesses gather information from social media.
- Consumer perception of social media marketing.
- The response of organizations to negative marketing on social media.
- Is banner advertisement a good idea in social media marketing? A global comparative analysis.
- The role of online stores in traditional marketing mix.
- Why is there a focus on the use of Face book for marketing rather than other platforms for social media marketing?
Marketing Ethics Dissertation Topics
The continuous evolution of customer’s attitude and power of media has significant impact on businesses throughout the world. People nowadays are more concerned about the firm behaviour and use of ethics employed by their marketing experts. Organisations are more concerned about their corporate social responsibility programmes and the values of the society. There are various ethical concerns which organisations must abide by in order to have a successful operating and marketing campaign. Adissertation on marketing ethics can be based on any of the following topics:
- Ethics and consumer perception.
- Impact of un-ethical behaviour of organisation on sales.
- How firms mislead people to enhance product sales.
- How country laws shape ethics of businesses.
- The impact of ethics on the general public with regard to product.
- Ethical considerations and brand loyalty.
About Research Prospect
Research Prospect Pvt Ltd is UK’s best academic writing service. All of our writers hold Master’s or PHD degrees from highly recognized UK universities. Our services include but not limited to research paper writing, dissertation writing help, literature review writing, part dissertation writing, statistical analysis,proposal writing services and coursework writing.
Security and Trust Dissertation Topics
Security and trust are extremely important issues in e-commerce. One of the major perceived threats of e-commerce is the issue of security. Security and trust threats come from two areas in e-commerce – threat from third party attacks on legitimate transactions between a retailer and the customer and threat from fraudulent retailers to customers. It has become important for organisations and their online presence to identify the risks and threats to security in order to promote a safer security environment. Customers have become more aware of the issues involved in security particularly in the banking industry and on the development of secure networks to shop online.
Third party attacks Dissertation Topics
The threat of third party attacks is an ever-present one. Hackers may try to gain access to sensitive information stored in the web servers, such as credit card information, bank account details and even personal details for identity theft. This threat has become more prevalent with the introduction of new digital technologies. Retailers have a legal responsibility to keep any personal details they collect safe. Technology such as SSL, firewalls, intrusion detection etc. are all used to secure the website from unauthorised access. Third party attacks are also facilitated by lax security from customers. Some e-commerce dissertation topics in this area are:
• Critical evaluation of current technology enabling e-commerce security
• Analysis of previous attacks and vulnerabilities that led to those attacks
• Security vulnerabilities and possible attacks methods – firewalls
• Security vulnerabilities and possible attack methods – SSL
• The effectiveness of current intrusion detection technology
• Critical evaluation of security policies of a website
• Critical evaluation of the firewall policies of a website
• Perception of security among the lay public
• Educating the public about security
• Encryption – State of the Art.
• How effective is today’s encryption to prevent spying/snooping?
• Customer confidence and how they perceived their data is being handled
• Security limitations and challenges in the online environment
• How much more can online retailers, banks etc do to provide more security to online transactions?
Trust in E-Commerce Dissertation Topics
There is a great deal of benefits to e-commerce, yet there is still some hesitation from customers when it comes to using online shopping. Trust is an important issue in e-commerce, because unlike real world transactions, the retailer is not present in person during the transaction. Hesitation is apparent due to the lack of trust in the perception of the online environment. It is much easier for an entity to set up a website and an electronic payment processing system than a real-world storefront. It is also much more difficult for customers to determine the authenticity of websites. This makes it very difficult to trust that the retailers are who they claim to be. Online hacking has also become an issue for the online consumer as they fear that their personal information will be compromised. Some of the topics you could research for your e-commerce dissertation in this area are:
• Digital certificate, encryption and public key infrastructure weakness analysis
• Trust models in e-commerce
• Analysis of the effectiveness of trust-building mechanisms
• Analysis of public perceptions of trust
• Data privacy issues in e-commerce
• Data Protection Act 2002 – Implications for e-commerce
• Managing reputations online
• How important is trust in e-commerce and how it can be built up?
• Trust in e-commerce – Myth or Reality?
• The antivirus business
• The protection business – how effective is today’s antivirus software?
• Adware vs. spyware – where is the line drawn?
• Impact of trust on consumer behaviour
• Comparing tradition commerce to e-commerce and the understanding of trust for the consumer
• How can online retailers build trust in potential and existing customers using security and risk management strategies?